You can read all of our articles on our website. Having trouble getting our emails?   Change your spam controls and whitelist 
Comment on alarm company offering burg and fire alarms
February 15, 2023
Comment on alarm company offering burg and fire alarms
          You should be careful about telling an alarm company to offer fire alarm systems if they are doing a burglar alarm system.
          What if the installing company is not approved to do fire alarm (they may be licensed in a State or municipality but not where the system is actually being installed)?        What if the store is in a shopping mall and the store is covered under the mall's system? 
          What if the tenant's lease indicates the Landlord is to provide a fire alarm system? 
Name withheld
          What else do I need to tell alarm companies?  Maybe, don’t drive without a license; don’t carry a weapon without a license; don’t practice law or medicine while on the subscriber’s premises.  Why do I need to tell a professional alarm company not to install a fire alarm when they are licensed only to install a burglar alarm or even if license to install a fire alarm, it doesn’t have the necessary skill or experience to do the installation? 
          Obviously alarm companies need to stay within their licensed activities and their skill set.  If they don’t it will be K&K Licensing Dept and it’s Litigation Dept that the alarm company will need.  Staying in lane is easy if you use the proper contracts.
          A burglar alarm is covered by the Commercial All in One.  That contract does not mention fire.  It doesn’t cover fire.  It does cover all security from intrusion alarms, cameras, access control, environmental and even lighting and gates and whatever else you want to install under the guise of security. 
          A commercial fire alarm requires the Fire All in One.  If you use that contract you shouldn’t make a mistake because it covers all the areas of commercial fire and related fire alarm systems [area of refuge and building wide wireless communication] and it even tries to cover when you aren’t complying with AHJ codes [though that is not what I recommend]. 
          The Residential All in One covers security and fire because the fire is typically smokes and CO detectors and doesn’t require a separate license [that I can think of]. 
          So it seems pretty obvious that alarm companies need to be licensed for the services they contract to perform and do perform, need to have the appropriate skill set and use proper Standard Form Agreements
          Success and money follows.

STANDARD FORM AGREEMENTS: To order up to date Standard Form Alarm /  Security / Fire and related Agreements click here:
CONCIERGE LAWYER SERVICE PROGRAM FOR THE ALARM INDUSTRY You can check out the program and sign up here: or contact our Program Coordinator Stacy Spector, Esq at 516 747 6700 x 304.
ALARM ARTICLES:  You can always read our Articles on our website at  updated daily        *************************
THE ALARM EXCHANGE - the alarm industries leading classified and business exchange - updated daily.
Wondering how much your alarm company is worth?  
Click here:
Getting on our email list / Articles archived:
    Many of you are forwarding these emails to friends or asking that others be added to the list.  Sign up for our daily newsletter here: Sign Up.

Ken Kirschenbaum,Esq
Kirschenbaum & Kirschenbaum PC
Attorneys at Law
200 Garden City Plaza
Garden City, NY 11530
516 747 6700 x 301