KRS § 367.420
§ 367.420. Buyer's right to cancel home solicitation sale ---- Method of
(1) Except for home solicitation sales on loans in which a security interest
is taken in the principal dwelling of the
buyer as provided in subsection (6) of this section, and except as provided
in subsection (5) for other goods and services,
including all other consumer loans, in addition to any right otherwise to
revoke an offer, the buyer has the right to cancel
a home solicitation sale until midnight of the third business day after the
day on which the buyer signs an agreement or
offer to purchase which complies with this part.
(2) Cancellation occurs when the buyer gives written notice of cancellation
to the seller at the address stated in the
agreement or offer to purchase.
(3) Notice of cancellation, if given by mail, is given when it is deposited
in a mailbox properly addressed and postage
(4) Notice of cancellation given by the buyer need not take a particular
form and is sufficient if it indicates by any
form of written expression the intention of the buyer not to be bound by the
home solicitation sale.
(5) The buyer may not cancel a home solicitation sale if the buyer requests
the seller to provide goods or services
without delay because of an emergency, and
(a) The seller in good faith makes a substantial beginning of performance of
the contract before the buyer gives
notice of cancellation, and
(b) In the case of goods, the goods cannot be returned to the seller in
substantially as good condition as when
received by the buyer.
(6) For home solicitation sales on loans in which a security interest is
taken in the principal dwelling of the buyer, the
buyer shall have the right to rescind or cancel the transaction until
midnight of the third business day following the later of
the consummation of the loan transaction or the delivery of the material
disclosures required under the Truth in Lending
*15 U.S.C. 1601 *et seq.
Buyer's right to cancel home solicitation sale-method of cancellation. Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. §367.420 (2006)
KRS § 367.420