TITLE 11. CRIMINAL LAW
CHAPTER 61. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER
ARTICLE 1. RIOT, DISORDERLY CONDUCT, AND RELATED OFFENSES
Alaska Stat. § 11.61.123 (2007)
Sec. 11.61.123. Indecent viewing or photography
(a) A person commits the crime of indecent viewing or photography if, in the state, the person knowingly views, or produces a picture of, the private exposure of the genitals, anus, or female breast of another person and the view or production is without the knowledge or consent of
(1) the parent or guardian of the person viewed, or who is shown in the picture, if the person who is viewed or shown is under 16 years of age; and
(2) the person viewed or shown in the picture, if the person viewed or shown is at least 13 years of age.
(b) Each viewing of a person, and each production of a picture of a person, whose genitals, anus, or female breast are viewed or are shown in a picture constitutes a separate violation of this section.
(c) This section does not apply to viewing or photography conducted by a law enforcement agency for a law enforcement purpose.
(d) In a prosecution under this section, it is an affirmative defense that the viewing or photography was conducted as a security surveillance system, notice of the viewing or photography was posted, and any viewing or use of pictures produced is done only in the interest of crime prevention or prosecution.
(e) In this section,
(1) "picture" means a film, photograph, negative, slide, book, newspaper, or magazine, whether in print, electronic, magnetic, or digital format; and
(2) "private exposure" means that a person has exposed the person's body or part of the body in a place, and under circumstances, that the person reasonably believed would not result in the person's body or body parts being (A) viewed by the defendant; or (B) produced in a picture; "private exposure" does not include the exposure of a person's body or body parts in a law enforcement facility, correctional facility, designated treatment facility, or a juvenile detention facility; in this paragraph, "correctional facility" has the meaning given in AS 33.30.901, "designated treatment facility" has the meaning given in AS 47.30.915, and "juvenile detention facility" has the meaning given in AS 47.12.990.
(f) Indecent viewing or photography is a
(1) class C felony if the person viewed or shown in a picture was, at the time of the viewing or production of the picture, a minor;
(2) class A misdemeanor if the person viewed or shown in a picture was, at the time of the viewing or production of the picture, an adult.